Sunday, January 30, 2011

quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow♥

My goodness, tomorrow is the last day of January! This month has been wonderful. It's stayed full of snow&beauty. I cannot recall ever loving January so much! For me, Rachel, I really established a personal style...well, more discovered I suppose and it's funny, I've grown to be more interested in clothes and fashion design just in this month. I always knew what I loved but now I've definitely figured out what I love&want to wear, what decor I like, and what I don't. And, I've been taking lots of artistic photos&keeping up sketching and watercolour painting.
We spend practically every weekend together! This past Friday we went to the mall, enjoyed coffee at Starbucks, magazines&books at Barnes and Noble, swooned over Banana Republic's beautiful clothing (we like J.Crew better, but there's not a big difference), and also went to H&M--an affordable version of J.Crew! ♥
On Friday, Rachel purchased this beautiful salmon top with puffed silk sleeves and layers (see above), and we both fell in love with some Oxford shoes at Forever 21. Erika just recently purchased four sale items from Urban Outfitters including the pants&cardigan she's wearing! How fantastic? Rachel's sketched out what she plans to buy for her wardrobe this Summer and we're both scheming of ways to earn money to buy clothes (being teens, we're broke! hahaha).
However, while dreaming of Spring&Summer clothes and the wonderful times&memories that time of year will bring, we are enjoying Winter. The cosiness of being inside, looking over Spring fashion magazines (Toast, J.Crew, Anthropologie), enjoying a cup of cocoa, warming by the fire&sketching, and taking such an abundance of times indoors to look at inspirational blogs such as:
We've lately both expanded our scope for photography a bit, if only slightly, but it's a working progress and we look forward to expanding and getting better at it as this year unfolds. I feel that self-taught photographers are more genuine than trained ones. However, we wouldn't mind going to university for a minor in photography someday.  
And we know it's been a bit since Deathly Hallows part 1 was released (and blew our minds&was incredibly amazing) but Rachel has gradually bit by bit been working on a post with pictures from the midnight showing of it, we hope you don't mind that it's a bit late! Planning to post it in a couple weeks since we have some other posts to do. :) And in case you were wondering, the current countdown to part 2 is 173 days!!!!! AH! We can't even handle our excitement, but we also don't want it to come because then it'll be over♥♥ However our love&passion for Potter will never ever end!
We hope your month has been as magical and brilliant as ours! We wanted to thank those of you who commented on that last post for those sweet comments that absolutely made us smile&completely made our day. ♥ We always look forward to the comments you leave!
Now, some links to brighten the start of your week. 

Irene Suchocki, a self-taught photographer (note: look at "fine art" section for beautiful photos).

Of course, we're swooning over Steven Alan's Spring Lookbook.

Absolutely in love with J.Crew's Hollywood photo shoot. All the pictures are so classy--they totally captured a sophisticated glamour still flickering in Hollywood. 
~
If you love some inspiration, like we do, for a Spring/Summer wardrobe be sure to check out J.Crew's new Spring arrivals--prepare to love it all! :)

And lastly, a song to listen to that will surely make you smile:
Sufjan Steven's All Delighted People. If you're only going to listen to some of it, then definitely listen to 8:14-9:44. It is utterly beautiful&blissful...our hearts swoon when we hear it. The flutes and the orchestra! So gorgeous. :) 

Cheers! ♥♥

xoxoxo-
Erika&Rachel

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely month you've had! These pictures are so beautiful!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography and I agree with what you said about how self taought can tend to be better. They know more about passion and have an eye for what to take a picture of. Good luck with the minor in college :) Your month sounds very interesting!I used to hate Jcrew when I was a kid, but now I like it. Not as much as top shop though, I wish I lived in London so I could go there! Harry Potter countdown haha, I'm going to LA for the premiere since its only an hour away, eeeeeekkk! My month was exciting, been working really hard on school and track and reading that I barley have time for anything else.
    What are you guys planning for Feb? Talk to you later, and sorry for the long comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ladies, I'm glad you guys enjoy photography. I love your photos. You had such a lovely month! :)
    I wish you magic in February.
    Stay beautiful.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely weekend.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make our day-without them we cannot blog! ♥ It's always a joy to get input from you lovely other bloggers! xx